Here are 5 of my favorite wellness stars:
1. Water yourself! Seriously, you’re drooping; you need water. No, coffee doesn’t count! Neither does alcohol, energy drinks or anything else that masquerades as fluid. You need pure water.
2. Listen in. Your best guidance is within. You have an internal wellness GPS … if you’d only listen to it. Those small symptoms are trying to point you in the right direction. For example, when your digestive system goes haywire after some sort of food – gas, belching, stomach gurgling, feeling slightly nauseous, etc. – it’s trying desperately to send you the signal that something you’re noshing on is not suitable for you.
3. Dump the artificial whatever. Our bodies aren’t artificial (well, then again, there are some … particularly in places like Vegas!); it can’t process fake junk. Which leads to you being sick. Artificial sweeteners, chemicals, etc. should have a skull and crossbones on them.
4. Have more fun! Honestly! Really! Damn, we are so ridiculously serious sometimes. There are times that call for some reasonable serious, but there also should be times in your life when you’re just having a whopping good time. Play always will be part of being fully well.
5. Simplify something. Anything. How much you try to cram into a day. The amount of electronic things that require your attention each day (even consider a tech-free day once in a while). Your closet. We can’t make time for things that are truly more important – and be well – with all this hanging over our heads constantly.
Got it? Great! Choose one of the above to start, and have fun – yes, fun! – tweaking it to make it your own.